Thursday, October 19, 2006

What Is It

I'll tell you something wierd.

There is a Coke can sitting on my right and it's all fizzed out because it's been there for about 4 hours, and I just realized that.

Something wierder? Okay, here goes.
Remember that movie Princess Diaries? Sure you do. A movie where we yearned, yet again, for a leg-popping kiss from our own Michael's. Ahh Michael.
Anyway, it was first a book, as you know.

Now remember The Devil Wears Prada? Also was a book first. Now, get this. Both movies had Anne Hathaway (gorgeous specimen of Hollywood breed) as the lead actress. Now, focus on this fact, which I find very cool.

In both books(movies), her best friends' first name is Lily. And both movies (books) had Hathaway in it.

I realize I took an awfully long time to spell that out, and I also realize that this is hardly very significant in our lives, but what a coincidence ei?

As an update, I doubt I mentioned this- mom sprained her ankle on Thursday evening, last week, but she is totally fine, just chilling in bed. Literally. I was puttering around her the first two days then realized that this is a perfect excuse to stay in bed. It's only mildly painful and everybody will tend to you because you're supposed to rest the leg. So after this brilliant insight, I tried twisting my foot in a pair of slippers. I ended up doing a little akward dance, in front of the door on the welcome mat. It was very attractive. By the way, that's where it happened for Mom- right there on the mat. God knows she wanted me to take over the chauffeur job she has.

The pay sucks.

Well she's happy- overdosed on Desperate Housewives and that's how we ended up having one of those shouting matches where you try not to laugh because it's all so dramatic. She's been reading one of my self-help books, another bad idea because they can be depressing. Robin Norwood- Women Who Love Too Much. If anything, she picked the right book (actually I slipped it in her handbag, oops). She's read all the magazines she stole from the clinic's waiting room, the threading lady and probably a few stores. She's even joined 6 competitions (which she chanced upon during the magazine phase) which she wants to mail out before friday (translation- mil, you do it) and today she watched Fanaa even though she knew I was pms-ing.
If you don't know by now that I'm an absolute crybaby then well... you probably wouldn't be reading this. Yea so there I am, lower lip trembling (such sad music, people!) while fetching her pillows and stamps (for the big mail-out).

Damn these hormones will be the death of me.

Tomorrow, I wait for you to come.
Wee.

2 comments:

Syar said...

you actually TRIED to sprain your ankle? yeah, sounds like something you would do.

I remember you specifically buying that for her! you meanie, depressing her on purpose.

I totally didn't realize the lily-movie connection thing! how cool. anne hathaway needs better roles though.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.