Saturday, October 14, 2006

Pretty Haze

Greetings. And salutations.

Hello and welcome to the let-down.
Gee I feel really distant from you.
Gee I wonder why.
I have not been faithful have I?
No. You have not.

Any particular reason?
Yes. I've been whizzing. Whizzing and hurtling through time.
This week has gone by fast, I still feel like it's Monday.
It's Saturday.

Yesterday, I dreamt I took the SPM again.
I failed obviously (only the worst in dreams) and then I was kidnapped by a pervert (well, he certainly wasn't decent).
The worst part of the dream? I managed to escape but I left my brother behind.
The worst sister.
Only the worst in dreams.

For some stupid reason, in the SPM there was practical too (as opposed to theory where you're sentenced behind a desk to write, color in small circles and wither while watching the clock.
So much fun.
So how would a practical exam go? Mind you, this was something everyone had to do, no matter if you were in Arts or Science. This is why on that day, the crowd seemed double the usual size. Perhaps the entire school had to take it.
So hundreds of us lined up for hundreds of minutes to go up to a podium, do a small dance and walk away.
Honestly I can't remember what we had to do once we got up there, but I distinctly remember never getting a turn.
High school politics.

Today I realized something. I'm in the 8th Grade for piano but I feel like I'm in the 5th.
Miss Ellen told me I had to decide when to take my theory. March '07, September '07, when I get back from Australia, during my stay in Australia, or never.
Surprisingly, it is not tempting to take the last option. Simply because for some wierd reason I kind of enjoy the theory bit. It's just hard to feel competent when you have no time for it.
Nope, that's not a good excuse is it.
I'm still thinking, because I have to re-take my practical as well. Choices, choices.
Initially I was looking at March '07 to do the theory thing. But it's pretty clear that this is pretty damn idealistic.

Oh well.
You live and you learn.

Why the pretty haze? Because yes, the haze is deathly, but it looks pretty under the streetlights.
So pretty.

3 comments:

Syar said...

this was beautifully written. it may not seem like it, but I felt that way. what a freaky dream. and in my heart of hearts, I would've sweated more for the practical than all the written papers combined.

Mil said...

That's sweet Syar, thanks.
Honey, I think we'd all be sweating if we had to do a practical especially if it was in fact, a little dance.
and you bet it was a freaky dream,even freakier was the vision of Cik Khor- our perdagangan teacher back then. You might remember her as the one who wore outrageously wierd clothes. think purple AND orange.

Syar said...

she was the balding one. I remember.