Saturday, October 21, 2006

Cheers

Today is Diwali (Deepavali is how the Malaysians say it) and I get to take part in the celebration. Yesterday it didn't really feel like Diwali. I had to be in a million places (at the same time) and by 5pm I was ready to a) cry, b) scream, c) roar d) all of the above. But I pulled through. I made it home by 6.45pm (beat my Dad, hah!) and attempted to get ready in the next 15minutes. I had a play to attend! And attend it I did. It was the best part of the day for me (except the time I spent with Straight Girl- it was fun chillin with u girl!). Everybody important to me was there, especially my Right Hand.

It's so true what people say- it doesn't matter where you are, where you go, or what you plan to do. What matters is who's with you. The play was worth my 10bucks.
Stand up comedy is catching on.
Detalis? The Actor's Studio @ Bangsar Shopping Centre- 8.30pm shows until the 22nd, that's tomorrow, tickets priced at RM10. The show is called Free Flow. Aptly named indeed!

I won't say much about the first part of my day yesterday because it's simply not worth mentioning. Who wants to know about my stress? No, I ain't fishing for love or attention, thank you though.

A note to the clove writer- I miss hangin with you.

I wish I could quell my public speaking fear. I'd try stand up comedy just for the sake of it. Boy, I go red just thinking about the crowd.

Slap me for this, but I love tequila shots. Actually wait, don't slap me, because it ain't a crime. I loved drinking with friends yesterday. We have to do that more often.

So because I had some to drink, I slept like a log, could barely wake up. I immediately thought of running down the road for some nescafe ais. Oops. It's Diwali, there ain't nobody there to make you a drink and charge you RM1.40 for it.
I was really craving it though, so me being the smartass I am figured I could re-create the drink at home. End result- it really wasn't that bad, it was free, but I had made it in a smaller portion so it was gone in no time. I even added the straw and took it outside to drink with the garden wall.

Diwali this year was even more laid back but the night is still young people. Have two more prayers to do and then we shall all head out for dinner. Ta.

No comments: