Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wash

I decided to let it go.

I seek you out,
look at the eyes that beseech you.
Stay, stay.
Why won't you.

It is so late in the day, yet I have done nothing. Confusion adds to the confusion and I am left with insanity. My words are cognizant to my mental state but perhaps it is the other way. I can't be too sure.
I need some help, and I need it fast.
I no longer make sense to myself.
But, no worries, that's not what I need help with.
Haha?

My handwriting, for some reason has become bigger. But that is not something you needed to know.

Here a few fun facts for you that now seem completely useless to me (forgive my pessimism!)

Faulkner wrote a piece of prose called Wash; a very ambiguous story about black men and white men. And what bastards white men can be.
It was so anti-postcolonial. Don't you think.

Faulkner was born on the 25th of September, just three days apart from the girl from Bali. I wonder if this explains why all their productiveness seemed unproductive and why they were continuously absorbed with their feelings and the nature of it. No?

Faulkner was the first born child to Murry and Maud Faulkner and had three other brothers. Of course, there would be no sensationalism in this world if William Cuthbert Faulkner didn't turn out the strangest. Of course, he did.

Faulkner used to be Falkner, as it was for his forefathers. In 1918, he added the 'u' to his last name to adopt a British persona in order to get accepted to Canada for flight-training/war prep.
War prep- that should be a class we have to pass in school.
Bang.

Faulkner's whole life eerily resembled his great-grandfathers' life (who was a legend in Oxford by the way- the town, not the university), it almost seems as if he made it that way.
Yo, lo possibile.

Last fun fact of the day- i think I would be terribly let down if I get a terrible grade for terrorizing Modern Lit, but maybe it would be what I terribly deserve no?

I should go swimming on of these days, maybe it'll help clean my head.
That and I've had an absolute craving to do so. Ah yes, do you know what it feels like to crave chlorine?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Who's Kube51?

ANYWAY, if u wanna swim lemme know ok? I got a swimming pool ya know, besides it would be fun to have a dip with you again. It's been a while. Lemme know ok? Mwah.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.