Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Forgot

You ever experienced visiting an old place, somewhere you haven't been to in years?
Like your old high school, or your former house, or seeing your ex-boyfriend's car.
You ever get that wave of deja-vu and the whoosh of nostalgia?
I should think so.
One thing though, nostalgia, is just nostalgia. But it doens't mean that it's always the good kind. There's the bad kind where you can feel the light bulb blinking on in your head and you silently say to yourself : THIS is what it was like. Ohhhhhh.....

Now I remember.

And with this quiet thought, a million others spill out, below the lightbulb, flashing by you in neon. Some pink, some green. Some even yellow.
This is why I didn't really like this place.
This is why I vowed never to come back.
This is why I never really felt at home.

The worst one hits the last, but it's always the most painful.
"Then what in the world am I doing here?!"

I felt this way, not too long ago.

Someday I will tell you a tale. But not right now.
I think I gotta try again later. I seem to be doing this more often.

No comments: