Saturday, August 12, 2006

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (Never Say Goodbye)

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/preview/12514/index.html

If anybody is curious, the above site is a link to a synopsis of a Hindi movie which I just watched. It was fantastic. Of course I can't say it's better than Fanna because of my biased attitude towards Kajol. Fanaa really was great, both these movies were great in their own way. This was a Karan Johar movie and I think he lived up to the very scary expectations that people had everywhere.
I love the songs, it has been playing in my head ever since we exited the theatre so I stole the soundtrack from my dad's car. He let me have it.
Without the intention of spoiling this movie, it shook me up because of the consequences of the couples. I don't know why but I also found it extremely romantic. My parents had described it as "heavy-duty" and I would have to agree. There were many steamy scenes.
My favourite spicy scene was the one where Dev and Maya finally give in. It was so sensual and the fact that it was raining and they were in a room with a fireplace just added to the atmosphere. Pretty much everybody could feel and see the heat just rising from the screen. Shah Rukh Khan is very good at love scenes, he is so intense and a fabulous actor that there is nothing left to do but believe him and buy every minute of it. The way he looked at her convinced me enough. He has this way with his eyes, it is hard to remember this guy is married, and happily too (as far as anyone can tell).
It is strange that I enjoyed the forbidden love scenes the most, but that is probably cause they are the most exciting isn't it? Don't have to tell you to look to Romeo and Juliet to know that. It was the best soap I have ever seen that's for sure. I remember I was on the edge of my seat, wanting so desperately for the two to have their affair in peace, but also knowing and dreading that it was all going to end.
They were married.
Let me ask you something.
What if you met your soulmate after you got married?
What would you do?
In my culture, marriage is sacred. Divorce should only be an option if there is abuse. There is no other excuse for why it shouldn't work. I'm not saying I agree with this, but I too believe that marriage is sacred. Any self-respecting person would know that relationships need to be worked at. Marriages require commitment.
Can you do that with someone you don't love? How?

"If you don't look for love, you won't find it."
-Dev Saran, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. (2006)

"Death and love come uninvited. "
-Samarjit Singh Talwar, Kavhi Alvida Naa Kehna. (2006)

Dev didn't know what he was talking about way back then. But Sam knows his stuff.
I agree with him. What would you do dearies?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny, i asked myself and brandon a similar question last night. the scene was Devil's Advocate, where whats her name, that lady from monster, she knows whats going on n no one believes her and she's fallin apart and going psycho and being weiled in to the ward. I asked brandon what he would do if he was her husband, would he stay with her? he answered that it depends on how much he loved her and how long they'd been together. dint expecty tht from brandon, but before he sed anything i had already sed, for life. I would never leave. even if it was only a 6 month kinda thing, even a few weeks, even just a friend, i couldn't leave someone whos so desperately in need of someone. then i asked what if it was you, what would i do? first thought was, i'd move in.
Im always here for you even tho i am sometimes blurry.
Hugs n Kisses.
_your joo joo boi_