Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nervous Laughter

I seriously forgot what it's like to write out my thoughts everyday- it's pretty liberating even though I sometimes have to censor myself from well, myself.

Howdy everybody, no cleaning has been done so far, except for slight changes in the bedroom, but nothing major. Tomorrow in all probability, we are going to have a little get-together in our filthy house (we have to be brutally honest, don't we)so I think some cleaning has to take place today.

It's amazing, how I've never told you about what my house is like. I haven't told you alotta things, have I? So, there are seven rooms in my house, two of them occupied by people I already knew and the other three taken by two indian boys and a chinese couple. I've not had any major problems with this living arrangement, except for one tiny thing. You know how I like my kitchen clean, and it usually is, after I clean it, but only remains so for a few hours 'til the next morning. Now, I usually have the patience to endure this small and tiny frustration but when I've scrubbed and wiped every surface, it IS pretty sad that it doesn't retain it's sparkle for at least a few days. I love the sparkles! Why can't we have it sparkling??

Anyway, small thing, no worries. Some day I'm sure they will realize that sparkling is good for all wo/mankind. Because I will drill it into their heads. Ahem, I could try out for the military, ei?

I'm counting the days to reach back home but I'm also dreading it because Babes is going to be left in stupid Perth. Stupid, it is STUPID. You know I have yet to discuss future plans with dad and mom but I'm sure it will come up during this trip (especially with mom counting the years 'til I tie the knot, I kid you not, hey that rhymes!)and I'm actually not dreading it, because I think I should have a vague idea by now about what I want to do. Not just with my career but I suppose life in general.

Obviously, Babes plays a big role in this, bigger than he realizes and perhaps even more than I realize myself. Let's be straight, the long distance was absolute rubbish but of course, you're worth everything my dear. Sometimes I wish we could say to one another, let's just see where life takes us and let's simply float merrily along it's currents but that would have been me about three years ago. Now, hopefully older and wiser, I know that's pretty idealistic. Yes we can float to a certain extent, I'm certainly not planning to organize every tiny detail of the future because we all know life doesn't work that way. But we do have to have some ideas, no? I'm aware though, that whenever Babes asks me, I get nervous and start laughing in my agitated manner (sounding deceptively like a donkey, I swear) and I tell him "Let's not talk about it now, sweetheart." Because I'm pretty good at denial I suppose. But we will have to have a serious discussion someday (sooner than later would be better), sit down at a table, maybe get out pen and paper and map out two courses that hopefully run together for a very long time. Aww, ain't I so cheesy?

I love you Babes, as you always tell me, I'd do anything for you too. Even the dreaded D (that's Distance for the rest of you, and mind you it sucks,SUCKS I tell ya!). Yea, but as I was saying, anything for you. *cue nervous laughter*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww mil ur sooo cute...
hehe i totallllyyyy agree with u on this long distance thing..and im truly happy for u guys that ur finally together right.. all the best...

now isnt this cheesy?? :)