Saturday, June 07, 2008

Just A Little Whee Whee

Hello. So I got up at 6am today. Yes yes, I know, shocking. I mean, I don't think I've done that since high school, not even then maybe cos' everybody knew I had to make a late entrance to maintain my rep as a badass. Haha, that's funny. Badass. Ahem, anyway, I got some sleep in the afternoon so it shouldn't be a problem falling asleep, I mean, studying in the library, which is where I am now, yet again.

Why is it that we only get sleepy when we think of studying? It's a universal thing, I'll bet. I can see everyone nodding again. That's nice, we've come to an agreement.

So, in exactly two weeks from now, I'll be flying back home. I can't believe how time just managed to sneak by us and whoosh by. I can remember, with extreme clarity, my first day here in Perth, Western Australia. I realize now that I never exactly told you how that went, I did actually but quite briefly, mostly because it wasn't the best of days- the only good part was that I was able to find comfort in the arms of my dear. Well, how did it go, you ask now? I felt slightly like a lost puppy, to be honest and I had just spent (as I mentioned in a much earlier post) the entire flight bawling my eyes out (how I cursed the fact that I didn't have tissue!)so I wasn't in the mood to get excited just yet about being in a new country. And like I had said about the curfew issue, it didn't feel liberating in any way to be 100 zillion miles away from the parents. I missed Mom as soon as I stepped onto the escalator that carried me to the immigrations. I missed dad when I passed (and err, went in) the tobacco shop. I missed Luvesh when I was on the plane and watching Beauty and the Beast. I missed grandma when I first tried cooking butter chicken in Babe's kitchen while he was at work. And I missed my friends when I saw so many other young people mingling in the courtyard of my university (and I of course, was the little lost duckling amongst the big and graceful swans). Yea, but wasn't I supposed to tell you how the first day went?

So, I got picked up by Babe's friend, W, and slid into the backseat, exhausted from all the waterworks I managed to spout on the flight. I just wanted to sleep, really and there wasn't much view from where I was sitting. It was all green and er, uninteresting *gee, Mil what a flowery description, no wonder you're doing English!*
We got home and I pretty much fell asleep after a hot shower. I woke up ravenous and really ready to eat. The nap did wonders, I was far less cranky and grumpy than when I first got into the car. But that's when homesickness hit, and boy it hit hard. Once again, I was really lucky (as I always say) compared to many of the people that I know, including Babes himself to have him with me during those times. When I heard Mom's voice on the phone, all I wanted to do was run back to KL but I would be tired like, 15minutes after a bold attempt to do so. Plus I was hungry and Babes was making this incredible-smelling butter chicken from a jar so I had to eat. At least, before attempting a marathon. Felt much better again after the food but I also became pretty sleepy, because let's face it, Indian food makes you long for a pillow and a blanket.

This memory is the most vivid one- after dinner, me and Babes stepped out into the night air to get some *cough* fresh air (hahahahaha). I glanced up and forgot everything- for the sky was dotted beautifully with winking stars. I felt, crazily enough, like they were trying to tell me something. Maybe they were, haven't you ever heard of talking stars? Yea well, I have okay! Well anyway, I guess if they were trying to tell me something, it would have been something comforting and reassuring- something to remind me that we were going to be okay, as long as we had each other and to also remind me that no,I wasn't dreaming any longer! (These days, me and Babes like to tease each other by asking, "So are you still dreaming?" and usually the person being asks smiles and says "Yep, for sure." Heh, how cute is that ei?)

Needless to say I slept very well and woke up bright and early the next day, ready for Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia and the rest of the world.

Coming up, my thoughts on something that I was reading about today. (Remind me, please?) For now, it's back to the L-I-T in the LI-BRA-REE!

I am so lame.

3 comments:

Syar said...

You're going home for winter?

*sob* I am sad and jealous and homesick. And now very much hungry.

Mil said...

Hey...don't do that to me missy! You're coming back for summer hols right? Look how our first semester flew by! It'll be time to go back, in no time, promise.

And err...sorry for tempting you with butter chicken.

Mil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.