Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pop

Pop!
Just popped in for a few quick updates. Yes I am the new newscaster. Wee.
No I am not high (and neither was I high when I wrote that survey post, Ming- just to set the record straight).

1. I am leaving for India on the 27th, evening and returning to KL 6th, morning. I will be located at Bombay (apparently the Big Apple of India) and in honour of my aunt's wedding. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful but it's just bad timing so it pretty much sucks. Babes is leaving for Aussie on the 3rd. Please buy me ice cream and books to cheer me up. Hee. Nah I'd still be pissy and oh-so-weepy (you could sit with me and hand me tissue after tissue).

2. I have broken all my policies on tv series as I recently bought the entire first season of nip/tuck. End result: I am addicted (admitting it is the first step, ei). I am going to get a hard time for this, aren't I? Oh, but it's fantastic (even though it's ridiculously dramatic- but not in the Bold and Beautiful way, just simple, raw, fabulous acting skills). *the end of my world- I'm gushing about a television show other than F.R.I.E.N.D.S.*

3. Needless to say the past two weeks have been perfect; in a way it makes up for the past five months and it is going to be the thing that keeps me going for the next six. That and alot of comfort food (I have been steadily gaining weight- holy cow!)

4. A note to shaggy, my only one: Sometimes I get sad and frustrated because I know you are sad and frustrated, so I want to say sorry. I understand that the one of the reasons you feel those things is because we're apart, so I shouldn't force you to feel otherwise. I am sorry if I overwhelm you with my perkiness and/or cheerfulness. That is just me trying to get you to give me one of your little-boy smiles. I am always here for you, no matter what. In time, I will learn to deal with this, as we get to know each other better. I love you. I hope you understand where I'm coming from too. It takes two.

5. I miss the right hand terribly.

6. I recently picked up Tengku Halim's Vermillion Eye and I do not understand what the fuss is all about. I did not enjoy the way it was written (quite similar to Steinbeck's simple style of writing except slightly inferior) and although I understand that his usage of chauvinism was in a way to portray the mindsets and mood of the characters and theme respectively, I did not think it was completely necessary. Would you ever come across a sentence in a book where a women turns to another women and asks "Good f***?" Yea, I thought so. Gosh, that pissed me off. He simply pointed to the door (presumably where the man had just done the deed with a woman *it doesn't matter if she was a prostitute either, I can't remember if she was*) and says that line. It made my skin crawl.

7. I did not want to end on that note, so I should also mention (again, I think) that the Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood is well, divine.

Ta!

5 comments:

Syar said...

How can you not like TV? Sure, FRIENDS was and still is awesome. But there's a wealth of possibilities. Grey's anatomy, Scrubs, House, That 70's Show, Las Vegas, Nip/Tuck (which I agree,. is fabulous), Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives....I could go on and on and on, seriously. I have a love affair with TV and it's all public!

Oh the Ya Yas. *sigh* :-)

Mil said...

Syar: If I didn't know you liked TV, then I can safely say I don't know you at all. Aha. It's all brainwash I'm telling you. No, I did not get that from my psychology textbooks. Just my own little theory. It could be worse I guess, you could be watching WWF or something equally grotesque. Get off the couch Syar and buy me ice-cream!

Chiam said...

Hey! I watch WWE (Get the 'F' Out), ok? And it's not grotesque. In fact, it's beautifully graceful, with half naked bodies glistening with oil. =)

Mil said...

Chiam- Graceful you say? Looks quite jerky to me. Sudden movement is not beautiful. It's actually plain scary. But it's ok, you're not my little brother. Be thankful for that.

payals88 said...

the right hand misses you too ! :(