Saturday, July 07, 2007

Little Old-School Me

Helloww. Shout-out to Jacq- you're back! (did that rhyme or was that just me?)

We love lists so let's make one:

1. The last thing that I thought I would say- I really enjoyed Die Hard 4.0, despite the shootings and explosions (although I must say that fire can be pretty if you ignore the damage it usually creates to the atmosphere and the screaming people it consumes). Yes I did watch it with my cuddle partner but the movie was actually pretty good (yes, we were watching the screen, don't start).

2. I am falling in love with Billie Holiday all over again; her sound is just so amazing. There's a special Billie Holiday CD that they're selling at the Starbucks counter and I have been eyeing it nonstop everytime I go there (my birthday's coming up, make a note, quick).

3. Currently reading Kate Milletts' Sexual Politics and it is so disturbing yet enlightening. Have decided to try the art of reading several books at the same time (i.e. not like in both hands but like alternate between a chosen three or four). Then realized that I'm already doing that. Dipped into Robin Morgan's The Word of A Woman yesterday and nearly started a full-fledged sobfest at the mamak. I stopped in time and cleverly dodged the lump in my throat. There was domestic abuse and you know the rest. Thanks to my paper for political science I am now binge-ing helplessly on feminist literature and thoroughly enjoying it. This is why I also have the Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells on standby (has been that way since early June). Kinda took a backseat when I excitedly discovered that feminist is considered an ideology therefore perfectly suitable for the aforementioned paper.

4. On to more exciting news (aha!) exams finished on Thursday by 2pm but like I told babes, I already felt like I was on holiday what with all the gloriousness I mentioned earlier. A whole bunch of us went to Chili's for drinks and dinner the same day. Headed to Telawi after that and realized that Bangsar is just getting sad.
Quote of the day: *makes an 0 with fingers while mouthing "zero!"* (that was the reaction we got from the guys we took to Bangsar while they were hunting for attractive people). can you say LOL. (I was in too good a mood to lecture them on being MCP's).

5. You better know what an MCP is.

6. Tuition is going well *knocks on wood* and they treat me very well. I get snacks, drinks and today the lady gave me Estee Lauder lipgloss for no blinkin' reason at all. Ah, the perks. Also, the swimming pool in their condo looks fab, I want to abuse my rights there (I have an access card). I have yet to start with the mother so am still a bit apprehensive. Also, I am having a problem explaining meanings to the kid; I can't draw for nuts and I am generally bad at describing/explaining things to people. This is why I rely on my stupid sense of humour. Suggestions, anyone, please. Thank you.

7. Nimmy turns 20 on Monday but will always act like a 4-year-old. We all will, won't we? Lots of love to Nimmmmy.

8. Payal's leaving at 10am on Wednesday, 11th July 2007. Much love and luck to you, dumbass. I know you want an iPod or a car or better yet a lot of cash but all I can give you is me. You'll always have me. Don't ever forget that. (You better be tearing you cold heartless stone, you).

9. I'm on break til' the second week of August. Can you say WEE?

10. Thank you babes for all our memories. I want to make more with you. And HAPPY 9TH ANNIVERSARY in advance! Yay us! *waits to be spoilt rotten tomorrow* heehee.

11. Here is my music these days.
a. Our Love Is Here To Stay- Billie Holiday
b. You Sexy Thing- Hot Chocolate
c. California Youth and Beauty- The Decemberists
d. I'm Looking Through You- The Wallflowers*
e. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds- Beatles*
f. I Feel Pretty- Julie Andrews
g. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away- Eddie Vedder*
h. Across the Universe- Rufus Wainwright*
i. Two of Us- Aimee Mann and Michael Penn*
j. Nowhere Man- Paul Westerberg*

* These songs are from the I Am Sam soundtrack and they are so brilliant. I can't even decide which one I like better- the soundtrack or the movie; both are supremely fantastic.

12. I want to watch Shrek 3.

Wee, off I go.

4 comments:

Chiam said...

You're on a break? My timing is impeccable then. I just wanted to drop by to say that I'm now working in KPMG near HELP Block A so we can finally make good our prior promises to meet up. I guess we'll have to wait until you start college again for logistics sake.

payals88 said...

well i did go awww, but then when you called me a cold heartless stone i just burst out laughing. i guess i'll always be cold and heartless. but i prefer bitch to stone. keep that in mind k thanks !

Syar said...

Male Chauvinist Pig! I'm so smart.

I miss you! Tghere's suddenly too much going on for me to read all of it and I so lazy. When can we meet up?

Mil said...

Chiam= We don't have to wait as I go to Bangsar everyday these days so whenever you're free ok man? Anything goes =D

Payal- Of course you laughed, my misery is amusing to you, right? You sadistic masochistic pig. SMP, there you go.

Syar- Congratulations, but I was hoping someone of the male species would give me an answer on that and thanks for giving the answer away. Let's meet already! I'm good pretty much whenever alright.