Sunday, November 05, 2006

Thread

I am made up of thread, seemingly flimsy, but on closer look,
it is strong.
Strong thread spun from experience, big and bigger mistakes, but most importantly,
love.
Over the years I tried to stick shells to the thread, but somebody took out these shells.
Resilient now but with no shells.
You took down that hard surface and now I have no armour.
But I have my thread.
Sometimes there are things that try to attack my thread, but I allow it to bounce.
Bounce, bounce.
Bounces once, twice, three times.
No matter what, my thread stays the same, only growing stronger each day.
Sometimes there are things that try to break it.
But how do break something thats only in my head?
You can't cut it, it will only sew itself back together.
You can't smash it, it is too tiny for your violence.
You can't wrestle it off me, because what is mine you shouldn't take.
So no matter what, you can't destroy what is already meant to be there.
I ask for you to respect my thread and yours will grow to be like mine too.

1 comment:

Mil said...

ok dragon person. remember i favor cicaks. nyah nyah nyah