Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Not Unlike Me

It is now 9.53pm and I have yet to watch my favourite movie and make 10 questions about the saddest part of this film. Why on earth such strange a task? My answer to that fellas, is that I am conducting an exciting piece of research for my research methods. While working on the idea with my never-boring groupmates, I didn't really absorb or take in the idea. Now that I have had time for it to sink in (no doubt its alot of work but what isn't hard just isn't worth it ei) I think I'm getting curious about the results. It was nice to feel triumphant after seeing Ms. Winnie- normally we come out of there feeling like a slacker and or idiot. And it wasn't in the smug kind of way it was just ahh, triumphantly, we can be a little proud of ourselves.

"Please let it go well", is my first thought. It takes awhile for average people like us to realize that we have more to do than we realised. It also takes time to set our priorities straight. This is the real reason behind procrastination. Ahahahaha. We ALL do it, nobody should lie to themselves right?

I shall elaborate more on my Research Methods research when I have fully looked at it from all angles. Right now, it seems like a semi-blur mess to me, so much for being optimistic. Ai.

I spoke to a lecturer today about my idea. I had to build up some nerve to do it, but I managed to get all the right words out. The result? I'm going to go ahead with it. What is Mil blabbering about? This I will also reveal, another time. Why? Because I still want to think about it, develop it in my head and not jinx it. I have done so in the past.

My brother is disappointed because there are no matches today. When I found out about this "break", I was surprised at myself because this world cup fever does catch on rather quickly! I have not even sat down to watch a match, but it is fun to keep up with the score. Plus it is one of the few ways I can bond/talk to my dad with. It is not easy to talk to a man of less than a few words. Really.

A little something to ponder about, perhaps I would call this my first rant of my brand-new! blog. A big part of me wants to make it obvious what I'm talking about, but the smaller part- the logical, sensible part of me which I believe is beginning to blossom tells me to be subtle. "Be subtle Mil, even though this had angered you today." In my opinion, it takes alot to get me angry or irritated. Agreeably enough, chauvinist pigs and sexist comments make my blood boil and my fists tighten, but generally in day-to-day life, I believe I am pretty laid back. Chilled. Cool.

Well, recently there has been an issue raised to my attention concerning people that I know. This issue, truthfully has been eating at me, in ways that even I was not conscious about. Today, seeing the neglected belongings of myself and another's made me realize how much this "issue" was bugging me. Nevermind that it didn't really even concern me. But sooner or later when asked for an opinion, one becomes biased. One starts to take sides. Perhaps I am not making sense in my valiant attempt to be subtle. Bravo, Milan. Now you succeeded in confusing the unfortunate readers.

Basically, I have little or no respect for people who live in their own two worlds. My private logic is this- there are people around you, acknowledge the damn world, and continue on with the affection if necessary. Note that this does not mean that I have no love. Aren't we extensions of each other, or am I just seeing a half-full glass? To continue with my rant, this "issue", as I mentioned earlier has made me bias, so it could be the reason I have recently started to look and percept things in a slightly different way. And this new way is not too favorable to me, honestly.

Again, more on chauvinist pigs. Must love all, even if chauvinist pigs. Who am I kidding?

Note to self- to talk about in next post- RM and brilliantly exciting idea. They both sound alike ei?

Why are you complaining? You're sitting in front of the computer reading this? You probably have everything. You just don't know it. Ungrateful kid. We all were or are at one point no?
"Parting is such sweet sorrow."

'Part!'

No comments: