Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Take a Break

Ok so I lied.

I did end up in the bookstore, and not even a secondhand one (I went to Dymocks!) and, well...bought a book. So what else is new.
In my defense though, I got a book that I thought might not be available any more in KL - We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. I saw it years ago in MPH but hey maybe they ran out of stock right?
Of course, since the shopping bug has bit me (since January 2010 when I bumped my knee on the ground after toppling out of a roller-coaster in Genting - more on that later, remind me to tell you the story) I couldn't resist going into other stores. No I didn't buy clothes, which is what everyone wants to hear but I did buy a belt once at Harbour Town. It was 4bucks. I bought some pretty stationery! I got a purple to-do list notebook that folds down like a desk calendar. It's awesome. And a black and purple pen. And also some stuff from the Reject Shop - more stationery. I swear I wasn't even planning to go into Dymocks...it just happened!
Anyway, there is just too much to do these days, I feel like my head is going to go kaputs. Doesn't help that I got a Credit for an essay that I was hoping would get a Distinction. Oh well. Just have to work harder. It wasn't my favourite topic (ethical issues...euw) to write an essay on and perhaps I was a little de-motivated. When I love the topic I need to write on, I usually do well. Like when I wrote about Virginia Woolf. It was very exciting. I'm not expecting a Distinction for the second essay I passed up because I don't think I structured it very well but hey, miracles have happened.
I am going to watch Masterchef and eat lunch...then ARRRRRGHHHH...back to work. Damnit.

Two more weeks, chin up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

Can I use part of the information from your post right above if I provide a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Oliver