Friday, August 10, 2007

Something's Coming

It has come to my attention that I haven't been writing (Gee Mil, aren't you a whiz). So here I am.

India was so blah that I will not and cannot bring myself to bore anybody with details. I will only say this much. If and when my mother decides to attends somebody's wedding in another country, I will refuse to go along even when she turns her pleading eyes onto me and lectures me about "family". I can show my appreciation for family by sending a basket of chocolates (which will get more attention than me in the flesh).

Anyhoo, it is good to be home despite the anticipated dread I feel tingling in my being that I won't be here for long. It is completely ironic how I want time to speed by and slow down all at the same time. Have not heard from Curtin, I shall be pestering them soon, in hopes of hearing good news. I could not bear it if it is anything else.

Random note- I have mehndi on my right hand and 4 scars on my body (that will probably go away). A certain sort of rash has developed on the inside of both my arms. Damn that India. Also, I met a baby so cute that decided to pull my hair so hard and give me a scratch so deep on my right arm. This one's healing pretty quickly. However, I got scratched by Nimmy's cat yesterday and this was because I didn't let her play with the strings on my pants. I mean, it's my pants, kitty. Get your own. Fourthly, while closing my car door (rather, while banging my car door shut) I forgot to remove my leg that happened to be in its way. Bang, another bruise appeared. So there you have it, a pretty patchwork of my little accidents.

I choose not to tell you how I spent the two weeks before I left for India because it was sacred to me in a way and also, I don't want to freak you guys out. Har har.

After finishing the Ya-ya's, I was reading Robin Cook's Vital Signs which was a total letdown. When the good guys (by that I mean the conventional, attractive mid-thirties woman with a fiery determination to solve the mystery) cracked the puzzle, there was no showdown with the bad guys. No court case, no fight scene, no confrontation, no nothing. Dissapointing, to say the least. I finished it on the plane and started P.J. Tracy which was pretty good. Suspense thriller and the ending was superb. She's pretty brilliant, funny too. This was followed by Maeve Binchy's Carousel which reminded me of Virginia Andrews, only less dramatic but nonetheless quite scandalous. New England people are fun to read about eh? I am now reading Josephine Hart's Damage. My current favourite is still the Ya-ya's. It blew me away and it's been awhile since a book has done that to me. Whoosh.

Whoosh you later people.

2 comments:

Leen said...

woah sounds like india really scare you huh ?

Syar said...

Here's some simple instructions :

1. Open car door.

2. Remove body from car.

3. Check that ALL limbs and parts have been removed from car.

4. Close car door.

5. Pat yourself on the back for not hurting yourself.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You worry me, Mil.