Monday, August 20, 2007

Shut Up and Listen

So, Mom's been looking for a job. She's been doing that, actually, since, well...forever. But the good news is that she actually found one. A work-at-home-typist sort of thing. The cynic in me is thinking that it's a scam but the optimist in me reasoned that if it is she'll only be losing 10bucks (which is alright in the grand scheme of things, I suppose). The 10bucks is for the 'training material' that they will send to her e-mail account and after she 'trains herself' she would apparently be ready to earn money, right from the house! Sorry, that's miss sarcastic coming out again. Whatever it is, I'm just hoping she'll get a move on it. I'd rather she work at a 'proper' working environment, because when you work from home (not that I've done it, but this is my opinion), you don't get the same experience that you'd get in a roomful of people working with you. Meeting people, both clients/customers and colleagues is so much a part of it, isn't it?

Moving on to less frustrating news,
College started today. First day was good, as it usually is. In fact, I don't remember ever having an un-nice first day. This is probably because first days are filled with such hope and unrealistic thoughts. For example- I am SO going to get an A in this course, I mean, it's a given. I'll just work my ass off, and goddamnit, I WILL this time. Then you know, a couple of weeks later, you're falling asleep in class and the lecturer that you thought would turn out okay is boring you halfway to hell. Another example- I am totally going to take notes and pay attention, so help me God! Then you know, a mere couple of hours later, you're doodling lyrics from songs you've forgotten you knew.
You get my gist, and I know you feel me.
But I was supposed to move on to less frustrating news, wasn't I? Aiks, but well, I thought I'd be honest to myself for a change. And yet you know, here I'm secretly hoping I'll prove myself wrong. Ah, time will tell.
Realistically though? I do know I can do it. I do know that I am capable of pulling a decent grade. But let's face it, Pysch is psych, and it's just not as fun as the arts. And by Arts I mean Sociology. Har har. (Note to readers who are confused, there are still certain piggies out there who brand Sociology and the likes as Soft Science, or rather...Arts. I suppose you'd call quantum phsyics the whole truth and nothing but the truth ei? Note to piggies- there is no truth. Lesson #1). Bwahaha. I am scaring myself.
Ok, but I do have to do well. Or I miss my last shot of getting to Curtin on time. By God, I should scare myself that way.

Another thing I'd like to say, I may be stating the obvious (as we all sometimes do), but, this is pissing me off again and again.
The most pressing problems that people face tend to involve their supposed "other half" or a "potential other half". But you know, if that person is really your other half, or someone that's supposed to mean alot to you, he/she would not be troubling you this way. For some reason, all I've been hearing lately is how this oh-so-important person has been letting you down and/or ruining your life. By you, I mean anybody I care for or anybody else for that matter, reading this.

Oh, I can only tell you this. Get out. Now. Run if you have to, run, scream all the way down the hill, cover your ears, duck, dodge, hop, skip but please, if you have one single ounce of self-respect (it doesn't have to be alot, just a teeny-tiny little bit will do), that is what you should do. Get out of the mess before it gets messier. Oh, I would tell you some more but I choose not to. It is not my place anyway. Must insert disclaimer here- I am not, in any way, judging you, trust me (this is simply because I have no right to as I was waist-deep myself).

Oh, I know what you'll tell me. All the But's, all the What-If's. I know, I know. However, let's just all take a moment and think: what would you do if I told you all those things would never change? That ten years later, you'll still be saying..But...what if...
There can only be a yes or a no. If it's a no, then you have your answer. Therefore, you don't have any more reasons (doesn't matter if they're rational or otherwise, it only has to make sense to you) to stay in the eye of the storm.
Yes, one more thing. Listen to your own head. Just shut up and listen.

I'll end with some good news. To make a long story short, I have now a better chance of getting accepted to Curtin, but I don't want to say anything further, lest I jinx it. Basically after talking to one of the Helpers (hee-haw) I felt slightly more optimistic.
Cross your fingers, all of you.

No comments: