Friday, May 18, 2007

Violence

I remember a time when there was yelling.
Nothing but yelling.
Shoving, kicking and punching.
Anything around you, the walls.

Such anger in your eyes,
such hatred in your body.
Such ignorance in your heart,
such ferocity in your sneer.

Your hand poised high,
poised to come into contact,
with another person,
a living, breathing person.

The sounds of a brawl,
the coming of a war,
the snarls of an animal,
I heard your voice from the other end.

Then you see me here,
with tears in my eyes,
your hand lowers,
you stare ashamedly at the ground.

Sticks clatter to the ground,
I stare at you.
Your eyes they plead,
but I have to go.

I walk away.
You made me do it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

babes!!!
u wrote this whole post abt the green street hooligans ah?

Mil said...

Vivek-
Babes!! Aha. You know me best ei. =D

Anonymous said...

Good words.