Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Parade

So the days are passing me by. Literally. Today is Friday, generally supposed to be exciting as it is the day before Saturday. So let me tell you about the exciting part of my day.

When I got home, nobody was there yet.
Mil: Sweet...the house is mine.
20 minutes later as I was settling in with a Hindi movie (they're the best comfort, I tell ya)...
Mom: I'm back!
Mil: Ah crap.

1 hour later, after the many many interruptions (I didn't even get to cry properly at the part in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai where the little girl has to give a speech about mothers) I endured from my entire family...
Mom: Mil, tomorrow's the function.
Mil: Yes Ma, I know.
Mom: So, what are you going to wear?
Mil: *points to her t-shirt and shorts*
Mom: *gives Mil the look of Death*
Mil: *hides under blanket*
Mom: Mil, go try on those Indian outfits granny sent you. I want a fashion show after I eat.
Mil: Ah, crap.

And so it began. There were about 9 outfits to get in and get out off and trust me, it was no easy feat. It was hot, for starters and the fact that I wasn't feeling very "fashioney" did not help. But then again, when am I ever feeling fashioney?

The two hours after 9.30p.m. were spent "modelling" for Mommy. It went like this:
Mil: *goes in room, puts on an outfit (that took about 10minutes by itself) and trudges out to the tv lounge to show Mom*
Mom: Oooo, maybe you should wear this tomorrow night
Mil: Mom, you said that about the other 3 outfits I tried on. Just pick one and tell me what to wear.
Mom: Ok, this one.
Ok, no! The one with the pearls! You look so grown-up.
Mil: Mom, I am grown-up.
Mom: You don't look it.
Mil: Thanks Mom.
Mom: No, you do, but only when you're all dressed up.
Mil: *ponders for a bit but realises that's not true either*
Mom: Let's get a second opinion. Pa? Pa! Come out here! Look at Mil!
Dad: *drags himself away from Freecell and comes to look at his daughter (who, by now, is clenching her teeth together in not-so-mock anger)*
Dad: *nods slowly* Nice. *runs back to Freecell*
Mil: He said that the last three times you asked him, Ma. That's no second opinion.
Mom: I think we should go with the pink one.
Mil: Ok.
Mom: But try on the rest of the outfits so we know what they look like.
Mil: *surpresses the urge to tear all her hair out*
Ah, crap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you funny, funny child
i bet you'll be doing the same thing to YOUR kids about 10 years down the road.
ahahahaha

me looooveess uuuu
=D
~payal

Leen said...

hello.. long time no see mil.. add me on msn .. add me on ym.. add me on skype .. whichever you want! ..

guess who am i.. it's been a while now ..

Mil said...

Payalia: No, I bet YOU will be doing this to my kids because they'll be so cute, you'd wanna dress em' up. AHAHAHA!
I love you toooooo.
Meanie.

Jazlyn: Oh my, is that Mrs. JChasez?? Ahaha! Long time no see (or hear from) indeed! I suppose your email is on f'ster, I'll add you. Thanks for stopping by. =D

Syar said...

I can see you giving your kids mohawks and metallic purple nails. I love the whole "Ah Crap" thing. Very you. You felt fashioney enough for our sleepovers. remember? Jacq's coming back in July!!!

Anonymous said...

haha i miss your mom.
Yes yes i am. mark your calenders girls.